20 Oct #Monkeytober14 Charity Chat on Twitter
It’s Monkeytober, y’all!
October in the Monkey Do world each year is MONKEYTOBER.
Monkeytober is simply the month that we take to “Five Out” our photos and let people know about how something as small as $5 can make a huge impact on hunger and poverty.
- Twitter Parties are super fun (Seriously!)
- Great way to connect and network with people who have huge giving hearts (our supporters ROCK, for real!)
- Learn about the SUPER POWER OF “5”
- Learn food insecurity and hunger in U.S. Appalachia and how to help
- Help us raise awareness about Appalachia and MonkeyDoProject
- Get a chance to win great prizes (you must RSVP in the form below and be present for the chat)
- & SO MUCH MORE!
How to Participate in a Twitter Chat
A Twitter Party is a fun, fast-paced forum for discussing a specific topic.
Questions will be asked via tweet and party participants tweet back responses and comments by including the hashtag #monkeytober14.
It’s easy and it’s fun! (But, it’s OK if this is your first time! We’ll help you!)
Follow these accounts on Twitter:
Be sure to follow our hosts and moderators on Twitter before the party!
How does it work?
First of all, you will need a Twitter account. If you need one, sign up today (it’s free!).
Then, at the party date/time, join in the conversation by including the hashtag #monkeytober14 in your post. (A hashtag is a word or phrase that is used to connect all the tweets. This makes it easy to find all the content related to the conversation.) So, a tweet would look like this:
[Tweet “I’m joining @MonkeyDoProject WED 9pE to understand POWER OF 5. JOIN US? #hunger #monkeytober14”]
The best way to follow along with the party and see all of the discussion is to follow #monkeytober14.
Simply go to Twitter and type #monkeytober14 in the search bar. This will show you all the discussions with that hashtag. (Don’t forget to refresh periodically so you can see the discussion.) You can also use free tools like Hootesuite or Tweetdeck.
To be eligible for prizes, you must RSVP for the chat (form below) and remain on the chat until the end. Winners will be randomly chosen from list of participants after the end of chat.
Only U.S. residents are eligible for prizes. See full guidelines.
Don’t Forget to Connect!
In the form below:
- Enter your Twitter URL in the first field (where it says “enter your blog URL.” (You’ll enter the URL like this: http://www.twitter.com/monkeydoproject — except replace your name where you see monkeydoproject in these examples)
- Enter your Twitter handle name (like this: @monkeydoproject)
- Enter an email address where we can reach you if you win the prize
- Once you’ve done that, click SUBMIT LINK and you’ve RSVP’d for the event and now you’re entered for the random drawing for the Tshirt.